Friday, June 18, 2010

Tips To Make More Money Blogging

Making more money with your blog can be a real headache. I for one didn't start making any real money with my blog until recently (2 months ago). My blog is over a year old and just started to pick up in rankings and traffic. I can just say this much; it is the hardest thing getting traffic and making sales. Here are some tips on how to increase your income using your blog.

Use Social Bookmarking Carefully- You do not want to wind up like me; I got my website banned from most of the social bookmarking sites. This had a lot to do with me writing multiple blog post and bookmarking them all at the same time. Social bookmarking does not like 'self promotion'. So, you should bookmark no more than 3-4 of your blog post at a time. Once your website is banned, it doesn't matter if you open 30 new accounts, you will never get that organic traffic again from this resource.

Write Evergreen Content- I notice that I get more traffic from the search engines when I write Evergreen Content. What is Evergreen Content? This type of content lasts a long time in the search engines because people are always searching for this information. An example of this type of content would be Wikipedia articles or computer guides.

Write Longer Blog Post- Because of the spam problem with splogs, Google is paying more attention to blogs that provide organic and original content. They are also rewarding websites that have more content in each blog post. Last year, the norm use to be 400 words; now Google is favoring articles with at least 600 words or more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment